Bungie has announced that Destiny 2’s next premium content release of the Annual Pass, Season of Opulence, will be out on June 4th. This kicks brings a new raid, Crown of Sorrow, for players to dive into. However, in an interesting twist, the raid will be available on the same day as the DLC.
You’d think this would provide hardcore players with an advantage since they can prep before the raid drops. However, Bungie has outlined a few conditions that will be active when Crown of Sorrow goes live. These include the following:
- Last Wish and Scourge of the Past will be unavailable until Crown of Sorrow has been beaten. This prevents players with a stash of Ethereal Keys from having a leg up in the race
- Prime Attunements will be reset to two charges per character on day one
- While characters build Prime Attunement charges over time, these are being set to two per character upon logging in after the new season begins.
- All level 50 characters can earn Prime Engrams after signing in and playing during the Season of Opulence
- Players may continue to build Prime Attunements over time after the reset occurs
The raid is for 715 Power players so it’s not something everyone will be able to waltz through. Regardless, with these changes, Bungie is hoping for a much more even ground in the race for world’s first. “The world’s first race for a raid is a competitive event. The raid is a challenge geared toward testing a fireteam’s ability to learn and execute on the mechanics, as well as their ability to overcome enemies and bosses together. Having a short window of time between release and launch allows us to preserve the combat challenge for players making their attempt on day one and get people playing the raid content right away.”
Bungie has yet to outline the other content that will be coming in the Season of Opulence but more information will likely be coming en route to release. Currently, we’ve seen hints of a return to the Leviathan and possibly an encounter with Calus, the Cabal Emperor from the base game’s raid and raid lairs. Stay tuned for more in the meantime.Full article