Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout developer Treyarch has revealed details of its latest event – called Operation Grand Heist – which will bring major changes to the Blackout battle royale map, plus new game modes, new vehicles, character skins and new multiplayer maps.
The first update drops today (February 19) on PS4 and is the first of a series of downloads between now and April that will see the Blackout, Multiplayer and Zombies game modes overhauled as part of the new season of content.
Changes to Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout map
Located in the South East of the map, South of Turbine and East of Factory there’s now a major new area called Ghost Town.
The above-ground portion of the area is inspired by classic Black Ops II map Standoff, while the subterranean portion of the area called ‘buried’ is inspired by the Zombies game mode and is promised to have ‘loot to die for’.
And as teased last month – and in line with the previous major map overhaul – there are dozens of new structures and layout changes around the Blackout map.
Here's the plan… pic.twitter.com/biNTKF669c
-mdash; Call of Duty (@CallofDuty) February 11, 2019
Treyarch promise “a fresh layer of variety and strategy to Blackout, now with completely transformed areas to use to your advantage”.
An update on Friday will introduce the new Hot Pursuit game mode which brings three new vehicles in the PBR (a rigid speedboat), the police-liveried SUV (which has a built-in sensor dart) and the Muscle Car.
There’s a new prestige system with players who’ve reached echelon 80 now able to prestige up to ten times to become a Blackout Prestige Master. Blackout Prestige Masters will unlock new icons, calling cards, coins and more.
New Blackout weapons
Operation Grand Heist is set to bring several updates over the next few months, but as usual some of the most anticipated will be new weapons and equipment.
New to the game will be the KAP 45 (a full-auto pistol), the Switchblade X9 SMG, Rampage auto-shotgun and Outrider’s Sparrow , which is a compound bow and arrow system.
Changes to Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Zombies
The “Death-Con Five” Gauntlet takes centre stage at the start of Operation Grand Heist for Zombies players in “Classified”.
Take on the undead at the Pentagon, as the Ultimis versions of Richtofen, Dempsey, Takeo, and Nikolai with 30 rounds of unique new challenges to conquer with your friends. “Classified” will also now be available for purchase for the first time as a standalone experience.
Signature weapons will be customisable in the Zombies armoury and players will be able to wield the Ethereal Razor melee weapon to devastating effect.
Players will now earn an additional tier skip for completing daily callings. Treyarch say the update will make new loot weapons more attainable throughout the operation and promise more long-term improvements for ‘even better rewards’ to come.
Changes to Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Black Market
Blackjack, the mercenary trader specialising in contraband, returns and brings new gear and new black market features. Here are the highlights:
- 100 Tiers: Preview the entire Contraband stream of Operation Grand Heist from Tiers 1-100 on day one, including all-new weapons, Specialist outfits, a new Blackout character, and more.
- New Specialist: Outrider is available at Tier 1 of Operation Grand Heist, which unlocks her for use in Multiplayer and Blackout.
- New Blackout Characters: Keep an eye out for iconic new Blackout Characters, including Misty from the Black Ops II Zombies crew, and Brutus, the undead warden from “Blood of the Dead”.
- New Contraband Weapons: Expand your loadout by earning the Switchblade X9 SMG, Rampage full-auto shotgun, and the Cha-Ching! money bag melee weapon during Operation Grand Heist. More weaponry will also become available as the Operation continues through April 2019.
- New Signature Weapons: New Signature Weapons will now be available in Blackjack’s Reserves, and will provide a bonus +25% XP boost per kill while using the Signature (“MKII”) version of any gun.
- New Reactive Camos: Deck out some of your favorite weapons, including the Maddox RFB and VAPR-XKG, with weapon-specific Reactive Camos that change based on your actions during a match. You’ll also be able to equip these on guns that have the Gold Mastery Camo unlocked.
- New Outfits: New Epic Outfits for multiple Specialists let you choose a side: cops or robbers? Some Outfits are available from day 1 in the Contraband stream, and others will release throughout the Operation in the Black Market.
- New Blackout Jump Packs: All-new Jump Packs hold a matching wingsuit, parachute, and contrail effect to customize your look and let you hot drop in style.
- Blackjack’s Reserves: New Reserve items include playable zombie Blackout characters, Vacation Hudson sporting a Hawaiian shirt and tie, Mastercrafts for the KN-57 and Outlaw, and much more. Items from Reserves in past Operations will be available in Blackjack’s Reserves, including the Mozu Replicant and SG12 Boombox Mastercrafts. Additionally, Cases containing Blackjack Reserves can be earned by playing Multiplayer or Blackout, or they can be acquired in the Black Market.
The shop has been streamlined with special orders and items now grouped together and players will receive personalised offers in the My Deals section.
New Multiplayer maps for Black Ops Pass holders
Two new multiplayer maps are being introduced for Black Ops pass holders.
Lockup is a Los Angeles police station where players can secure rooftops and work their way through multiple stories to gain victory.
Casino is an upscale Monaco gambling resort complete with poker tables and supercars.
There’s a new character for Black Ops Pass holders and he’ll be familiar to any Black Ops players who played the Dead Ops Arcade mode.
I could try and describe this mean-looking gorilla for the uninitiated but, in this case, a picture is worth a thousand words.
Week 1 Operation Grand Heist update schedule
Treyarch have revealed the full week one update schedule in a recent blog post. As with previous updates, the latest package will go out on PS4 first as a timed exclusive before becoming available on other platforms such as Xbox One and Windows PC.
Tuesday, Feb. 19:
- New Specialist: Outrider
- New Mode: One in the Chamber
- Massive weapon and gameplay tuning updates
- 2 new MP maps for Black Ops Pass holders+ more
- New Destination: Ghost Town with two big locations
- New playable structures throughout the map
- Gameplay and Armor tuning updates
- All-new Prestige system
- Cosmic Silverback character for Black Ops Pass holders+ more
- New Gauntlet: “Death-Con Five”
- New Perk: Ethereal Razor
- Additional Tier Skip for completing Daily Callings
- Support for Signature Weapons+ more
- All new 100 Tier Contraband stream including…
- 3 new earnable weapons
- New Blackout character
- New Mastercraft Weapon
- New Reactive Camos
- New Epic Outfits
- New cosmetic Jump Pack item type for more Blackout customization+ more
- A newly-revamped Black Market featuring the return of Blackjack
Wednesday, Feb. 20:
- A familiar face makes an appearance to welcome in the new Operation…
Thursday, Feb. 21:
- League Play launches in the World League Hub with our first League Play Event
- Support for new Black Market weapons
Friday, Feb. 22:
- New Hot Pursuit game mode featuring the debut of three new vehicles: the SUV, PBR, and Muscle Car
The post Black Ops 4 update: final Blackout map changes and everything else about the Call of Duty v1.13 patch appeared first on inews.co.uk.Full article